Capital Region Drifting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Capital Region Drifting

Capital D's official forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
We are now located at www.capitaldrift.ca/forums

nEW sTUFF!!

Go down 
+3
Fleemer
redruM
The Switch
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Switch
Admin
The Switch

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 9:06 pm

Well I know what you've probably been thinking.. "Whats Mike been up too?".. Well I have been pretty busy the last 2 weeks only able to pop in and out of the forums here and there. Thing is I went over to Penticton to pick something up and have been working on it ever since I trailered it back to vic.

nEW sTUFF!! Picture381

This is what he posted up "I imported this car back in october 58000 kms and only drove the car maybe 1k since, nice clean car,cusco 2way, tein supers, hks down,custom intercooler with all hard pipes and greddy elbow,samco hoses, blitz twin intakes, turbosmart boost controler, rays rims, new tires,bonez catback,feed side skirts,siebon cf hood, autometer boost gauge and af gauge, interior is like new,i blew a rear seal and dont want to put anymore money back into car, i will count my losses."

nEW sTUFF!! Picture396
nEW sTUFF!! Picture398

Guy was asking 4k for this beast and I wasted no time at all.

I was hooked up with a good guy named John from South Island Towing. He gave me a wicked deal and let me ride along for the tow.

nEW sTUFF!! DSC01607

If anyone needs a tow, I highly recommend this guy over the rest of the asshole tow companies in Victoria.

--

So we dropped it off at the garage and I started getting busy with some help from Phil and Serge watching me.

nEW sTUFF!! DSC_0398
nEW sTUFF!! DSC_0392
nEW sTUFF!! DSC_0402

And for the last time Serge, no, you cant have my oil cap. Razz

nEW sTUFF!! DSC_0427

I borrowed the engine hoist from Ed. Thanks buddy!

nEW sTUFF!! DSC01616

And here we are since April 2nd...

nEW sTUFF!! DSC01622

Updates coming soon! (soon as I get a rebuilt keg.. (: )
Back to top Go down
https://capitaldrift.forumotion.com
redruM

redruM

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:09 am

sweet, Fd's are tight, on my list of cars to own Wink

nicely done man, cant wait to see more of this.
Back to top Go down
Fleemer

Fleemer

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:33 am

show em a pick of your rotors ;P
Back to top Go down
dO-bOy

dO-bOy

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:25 am

holy crap thats what you get for 4K nowadays?? please tell me an SR or v8 is going back in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ed markowski

ed markowski

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:21 am

this car is a beaut. i busted a nut, got jealous and then cried. Sad

did you find out what exactly was wrong with the motor? let's see these rotors.
Back to top Go down
Fleemer

Fleemer

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:08 am

i can tell you, rpevious owner ran lean.

classic rx7 engine failure.

boost spike, overboosted.. somthing.

Rear rotor/housing is KIA. front rotor is wounded and housing possible salvageable (front rotor maybe too)

sr or v8?

gross...

why would you screw up the perfect 50:50 weight balance and crazy low center of gravity?

rotary all the way..

anything bigger would have to be.. 3 rotor! :O
Back to top Go down
The Switch
Admin
The Switch

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:22 pm

I'm gunna put in a hayabusa engine
Back to top Go down
Fleemer

Fleemer

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:02 pm

atleast its a 1.3 liter Razz
Back to top Go down
dO-bOy

dO-bOy

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:10 pm

Fleemer wrote:
sr or v8?

gross...

why would you screw up the perfect 50:50 weight balance and crazy low center of gravity?
because i like reliability i can beat on all day without thinking twice about it. i'm willing to bet a 1uz is very close in weight to a 13b + all the turbo shit

ok, just did some googling and an all aluminum 1uz comes in at 390 pounds. a 13b with turbos comes in at 350. get a CF hood and relocate your battery hehe
Back to top Go down
Fleemer

Fleemer

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:46 am

dO-bOy wrote:
Fleemer wrote:
sr or v8?

gross...

because i like reliability i can beat on all day without thinking twice about it. i'm willing to bet a 1uz is very close in weight to a 13b + all the turbo shit

ok, just did some googling and an all aluminum 1uz comes in at 390 pounds. a 13b with turbos comes in at 350. get a CF hood and relocate your battery hehe

weight may be similar but you're forgetting center of gravity of the engine. Changes the polar inertia thus handling characteristics of the car.

As far as reliability goes, my 13b has been the most reliable engine i have EVER owned. All my piston engines, motorcycle, inline 4, 6, v8 alike, where not nearly as reliable.

Rotaries are super reliable as long so you treat em right. They take beatings too as long as they are warm and you don't run lean.

you run lean, boom.

that goes for most engines, but rotaries are more sensitive.

Your talking about an engine with like 100+ of moving parts, compared to an engine with 3 Razz

Rotaries only got a bad rep by people abusing them, neglecting them, and wondering why their engines failed. its not your average civic/sentra/tercel that you can run without an oil change for x years, never flush any fluids for x years.

Only real problem is engine longevity. Since they run like a 2stroke, they don't last along as a d15 pos with 500k + Razz
Back to top Go down
dO-bOy

dO-bOy

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:38 pm

with a NA lightweight v8, all the weight is central, its a little heavier but you dont have a turbo and manifold off to one side and an intercooler at the nose of the car where weight matters the most. and i'll agree rotaries do have a bad rep and i understand that. i know they CAN be reliable, but you said it yourself, longevity is an issue. i cant afford to rebuild an engine every few years.

anyways enough keyboard drifting, this car is hot no matter what engine you have in there... shit, do a 4ag swap.
Back to top Go down
Fleemer

Fleemer

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 11:48 pm

btw, your weight for 13b vs that v8...

13b, just the keg (flywheel, waterpump, thermostat, pulleys and block) ia about 70kg (around 140lbs). One man can put it out of the car.

your ls1 long block, heads and all, pump and flywheel. again engine only, no headers or anyhting. 350lbs.

13bt with tranny + truboes, intercooler piping, everything, 350lbs, tops, in stock form. Including the downpipe/precat which is like 20lbs on its own Razz.

you can shave off nearly 50-75lbs off that if you do it right.

goodluck doing that with a v8.. i mean.. i guess you could if the engine had no heads on it Razz

v8 with everything 450+lbs Razz Oh they usually come with auto trannies too Razz

anyway... Razz

Don't try and argue center o gravity/polar intertia with me. I cna do all the calcs in 10min and show you the differnece and show you how the car will handle differently.. gogo engineering.. Razz

If you want a lesson on how exhaust pressure loss/gain works with diameter/speed/heat. Or pressure drops in turbo piping/intercoolers. Let me know.

There are reasons why going full 3" exhaust front to back on a 1.6L doens't work Razz Bigger is never better. Even if its a turbo Razz
Back to top Go down
SuperPhil
Hella Super Cool Guy
Hella Super Cool Guy
SuperPhil

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:28 am

Razz
this face just screams
nEW sTUFF!! Timzac10

HEY YOU GUYZZZZ
Back to top Go down
https://capitaldrift.forumotion.com/forum.htm
redruM

redruM

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 5:59 am

SuperPhil wrote:
Razz
this face just screams
nEW sTUFF!! Timzac10

HEY YOU GUYZZZZ

haha 80's refrences are awsome.
Back to top Go down
Fleemer

Fleemer

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 6:27 am

lol, that was the best ice breaker ever lol
Back to top Go down
mike t.

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 6:30 am

fleemers just pissed off cus his rx-7 was produced at the same factory as johndeer.
Back to top Go down
dO-bOy

dO-bOy

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:54 am

LOL, holy i thought you would have received my olive branch by now. i never said anything about an LS1 by the way.

(warning, FnF parody)

1UZ, NO SHIT!!!!

all aluminum Toyota v8 found in a few cars. in the later GS400, its rated at 300hp and 310ft-pd of torque stock. and as i said, it weighs 350 pounds, fully dressed. apparently they can be had for cheap too. a guy in GRM picked up one for $250, but who knows.

if this doesn't make you jizz in your pants, you are infertile.

Back to top Go down
Fleemer

Fleemer

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 6:50 pm

dO-bOy wrote:
LOL, holy i thought you would have received my olive branch by now. i never said anything about an LS1 by the way.

(warning, FnF parody)

1UZ, NO SHIT!!!!

all aluminum Toyota v8 found in a few cars. in the later GS400, its rated at 300hp and 310ft-pd of torque stock. and as i said, it weighs 350 pounds, fully dressed. apparently they can be had for cheap too. a guy in GRM picked up one for $250, but who knows.

if this doesn't make you jizz in your pants, you are infertile.

sorry, a lot people i talk to always say "swap an ls1 in that rx7! yeeaah!" force of habbit Razz

that is a perty engine, but i'm not a fan of V engiens. other then the vr6. but that one is speacial! Smile

cheers though! Smile

oh, and my 7s engine was a specialty made one by john dear, comes with a 3000cc v6 2 stroke motor. sounds like a chainsaw. weeee
Back to top Go down
The Switch
Admin
The Switch

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:38 am

Here's a list of the things I've decided to go with after being quoted by the rx7 specialties in Calgary.

Used rotor housings
Street Port and polish
upgraded 2mm seals

HKS used DP
Resignated mid pipe (built in silencer)

Stainless braided OMP lines

New vac hose

(Im going to skip the clutch work for now)

Everything else will come in the following month/s after installation.

(Build list;
Power FC commander
Upgraded fuel pump
Upgraded oil system
After market clutch

.. probably something im forgetting but im tired as hell and gota wake up at 530 so gnite.)

oh yea and wideband o2 sensor

Surprised
Back to top Go down
Fleemer

Fleemer

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:46 pm

he forgot to tell you it has 4 rotors :O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

nEW sTUFF!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nEW sTUFF!!   nEW sTUFF!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

nEW sTUFF!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Capital Region Drifting :: Automotive Chat :: My Build-
Jump to: